Since this blog is owned and run by an American, I am subject to American laws. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) issued rules that went into effect on December 1, 2009. These rules state that product reviewed on blogs must include a disclosure as to whether they received the review products for free or received monetary payment.
Below is a list of the sources from which I receive books. Regardless of the source, all reviews are the honest opinion of the reviewer.
1) My Life. One Story at a Time. receives free digital galleys from the online galley service, NetGalley.
2) My Life. One Story at a Time. receives books from the author or publisher, either in print form or electronic form, for review.
3) The fine print: Any links to places to purchase books are provided as a convenience, and do not serve as an endorsement by this blog or by the vendors.
4) Most importantly, the method of acquiring the book does not have a bearing on the content of the review.
“My Life. One Story at a Time. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.”
From time to time, this blog, My Life. One Story at a Time. will host a giveaway. These giveaways are typically sponsored by the author or publisher. The general Terms & Conditions for such contest on my blog is below. If there is a specific stipulation you require in your giveaway, please note it in the email request.
The Rules to host or enter a Giveaway on My Life. One Story at a Time:
- Entrants must be 18 to enter. If I have reason to believe that you are under 18 and you enter anyway, you will be disqualified.
- If an author or publisher donates a book or prize, shipping will be contingent upon their requirements and/or limitations.They have the right to change their mind about awarding the prize. I am not responsible if the prize gets lost in the mail.
- If you don’t follow the directions for entering, you will be disqualified. You need to leave a way for me to contact you – email address, twitter name, etc. or your entry will be disqualified. If you prefer for that info to remain private, use the contact form to send me your info and be sure to reference the contest and your comment.
- The winner is responsible for any and all taxes, import fees, etc.
- I accept no responsibility for lost or damaged goods.
- The winning entry is selected via or Rafflecopter. Odds of winning are based on the number of entries.
- You have 36 hours to respond to my email/tweet or I will re-draw.
- Information that I collect from you or about you is not shared except as needed to send you your prize or verify your entry. Your information is not sold, ever. Any information provided as a result of following ie GFC info, subscribing via email, etc. is private and not shared without your permission.
Authors and publishers, if you are interested in coordinating a giveaway, please email me at email@example.com