- 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cups cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 Tablespoons butter
- 1 and 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3/4 semi-sweet chocolate (chopped)
- 1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease or use parchment paper to line a 9×9-inch baking pan.
In a large saucepan, melt butter.
Turn heat to low. Let cook, stirring constantly, for 2-3 minutes.
Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla.
Let mixture cool for about 5 minutes.
In a large bowl, whisk flour, cocoa powder, salt, and sugar.
- Add melted butter, vanilla, and eggs mixing to combine.
Pour batter into prepared pan, spreading batter as needed.
Bake for 20-30 minutes. The edges should look done, but the center should still look shiny.
While the brownies are baking, make the mousse. Heat marshmallows, chocolate, and milk in a medium saucepan over low heat stirring constantly until completely smooth.
In a separate bowl, beat whipping cream to stiff beats.
Fold in cooled chocolate mixture.
Spread mousse evenly over brownies.
- To make the chocolate drizzle (optional) add chocolate chips and heavy cream to a heat safe bowl and microwave on half power for 2 minutes. Stir, and return to the microwave for 20 seconds at a time stirring after each, as needed until mixture is completely melted and smooth. Allow to cool slightly before drizzling over mousse layer.
Chill brownies for at least 30 minutes, or until ready to serve.
Adapted from several recipes to create my own acceptable version. Enjoy!
I have to confess that I borrowed the pictures from the internet. I did not take pictures of my brownies and other people seem to take such pretty pictures. I thought these pictures would make your mouth water!
Disclosure – Please be advised that some of the links provided are affiliate links and I do receive a small commission if you make a purchase using those links. This does not cost you any extra when you make a purchase, and I only recommend products I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I very much appreciate your support of this blog in doing so!