Easy Ice Cream Sandwiches made with homemade Chocolate Cookies
Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches, better than anything you can buy from the store, especially when the cookie is made from scratch!
- 1 box devils food cake mix (I used Duncan Hines)
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar plus more for rolling
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Combine cake mix, eggs, oil and powdered sugar to form dough. Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let col on pan for 10 minutes before removing to racks to cool completely.
- Store in airtight container until ready to use.
- Line a 9×13 pan with plastic wrap.
- Remove ice cream from freezer and let sit for 15-20 minutes on counter to soften.
- Scoop enough ice cream into pan to spread to about 3/4 to 1 inch thick. Place pan in freezer to firm up.
- When ready to assemble sandwiches, using a round cookie cutter or a large glass, cut ice cream to size of your cookies.
- Working quickly, sandwich ice cream circles between to cookies then sprinkle sides with sprinkles. Place sandwiches on a tray and return to freezer until ready to serve.
This recipe will make about 2 dozen cookies, If wanting to make 12 ice cream sandwiches you will need 2 9×13 pans of ice cream
Borrowed from – ChocolateChocolateandmore.com