I love Petit Fours! Actually I love anything chocolate that I don’t have to share! Petit Fours were made for people like me. I want my cake and I want to eat it – ALL – too. This is a perfect treat! Enjoy!
S’MORES PETIT FOURS
- For the dark chocolate ganache:
- 425 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 225 g cream
- 50 g butter
- For the meringue topping:
- 125 g egg whites (about 4)
- 225 g sugar
- 150 g powdered sugar, sifted
- Start by preheating the oven to 180 Celsius or 350 Fahrenheit and prepare a rectangular baking frame on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Mix together the butter, sugar, and vanilla in a bowl. Add the egg yolk and finally the flour. Form into a smooth dough.
- Press the dough into the baking frame, making sure to get all corners and to make it as even as possible.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- Meanwhile, bring the cream and butter to a boil in a pot over the stove.
- Place the chopped chocolate in a separate bowl. Once boiling, pour the cream and butter over the chocolate. Stir until all chocolate has melted and you have a smooth ganache.
- Pour the ganache over the baked crust and smooth evenly.
- Place in the refrigerator or freezer to speed things along.
- The consistency should be hard enough to cut out with a cookie cutter, but not completely frozen.
- Using the desired cookie cutter, I love using a small, round cookie cutter (appx. 4.5 cm) so the S’mores are the size of Petit Fours (basically 2 bites), cut out the S’mores being careful to clean the cookie cutter as you go to get a clean form.
- Once cut out you can begin to make the meringue.
- Place the egg whites in your mixer and begin beating on high. Once the egg whites have become bubbly, slowly add the sugar. Let beat until stiff peaks form and for the last 3 minutes, beat in the powdered sugar.
- Fill into a piping bag with a round tip and pipe out evenly onto each S’more.
- Toast with a small handheld kitchen flame gun.
Borrowed from – http://www.bakingmywaythroughgermany.com/