Yes! That is exactly what I said! Chocolate Mousse Pie! If you love Chocolate Mousse (and I do!) then this is a slice of Heaven.
Sugar Wafer Chocolate Mousse Pie
The filling is a super easy Chocolate Mousse. It’s a chocolate ganache mixed with whipped cream.
Stir it until the chocolate is melted and smooth and then let it chill.
While the ganache is chilling make your crust.
Pulse up the chocolate wafers until they are coarse crumb…
Next whip up some heavy cream until stiff peaks form and fold it into the chilled ganache.
Spread that over the crust…
And top with a little more whipped cream! I dusted cocoa powder on top just to be fancy.
- 1½ cups chopped semi sweet chocolate
- ¼ salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2¼ cups heavy cream, divided
- 32 Chocolate Sugar Wafer Cookies (about 8 oz)
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- Chop chocolate and transfer to a medium sized glass bowl. Add in salt and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan heat ¾ cup of heavy cream until it starts steaming. Don’t bring to a full boil. Pour hot cream over the chopped chocolate and allow to sit for one minute to soften the chocolate. Immediately start stirring the chocolate until it’s completely melted with the cream. Place bowl in refrigerator and allow to cool for just 30 minute until it’s cooled. DOn’t forget about it, because you don’t want it to get solid. Just cool, but still “stirrable”.
- Whip remaining 1½ cups heavy cream in mixer with whisk attachment on medium high speed for 1-2 minutes until stiff peaks form. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Grease a 9″ springform pan with butter, set aside.
- While the mousse is chilling place chocolate sugar wafer cookies in blender or food processor. Pulse until they are a fine crumb. The pulsed cookies will be slightly sticky, because of the filling. This is ok! Mix cookie crumbs with melted butter and press into prepared pan. Mixture can get sticky, I used my fingers to press in pan.
- Cover and chill this until ready to fill.
- When chocolate is cooled remove it from the refrigerator and fold the extra whipped cream into the chocolate carefully. Continue stirring gently until mixed completely and there are no more chocolate streaks. Spread this into crust.
- Whip remaining 1½ cups heavy cream with powdered sugar with whisk attachment until stiff peaks form and spread over the chocolate mousse. If desired dust with powdered sugar right before serving.