Book Title: A Spoonful of Grace: Mealtime Blessings in Bite-sized Pieces
Category: Christian Living; 444 pages
Genre: Family devotional, Children’s devotional
Publisher: Credo House Publishers
Release date: Feb 2017
Just 2 minutes each day can change your family meal time for a lifetime.
A Spoonful of Grace is a collection of 366 evening meal graces taken from all 66 books of the Bible and designed to provide meaningful exposure to prayer and the Bible at a most opportune time: the family evening meal.
The Scripture/grace devotions are inviting, can be grasped at several levels, and are brief enough (about two minutes) to hold the attention of hungry kids. Here’s why:
- Each day has an application section called Grace Notes: ideas and quotes to further illustrate the message and stimulate conversation.
- Sundays are for Story Graces. These 52 devotions are a bit longer to afford the suspenseful, engrossing reading of stories such as David and Goliath, Daniel in the lions’ den, and Jonah and the big fish.
- Special Graces are celebrations such as Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, birthdays.
- Each grace:
- Supports discussions of God’s attributes and of faith-based values, offering moral examples like forgiveness, friendship, honesty, trust, even table manners.
- Creates curiosity about the Bible and ways in which Scripture can be applied to today’s issues.
- Demonstrates how the act of praying together lifts one’s own spirit; fosters praise; and increases mutual feelings of appreciation, gratefulness, and accountability.
- Teaches without overt instruction, similar to hiding extra veggies in the spaghetti sauce.
- Remind us that our food, as well as God’s countless other daily blessings, is a gift.
Endorsements for “A Spoonful of Grace”:
“The dining room table is a key place to connect with your children. It’s time to put down the phones and pick up this book instead.” —Arlene Pellicane, speaker and author of “31 Days to Becoming a Happy Mom”
“…beautiful, winsome and creative…will spark meaningful discussion and thoughtful reflection. This book will nourish both heart and mind.”–Dr. Mark L. Strauss, Vice-Chair, The NIV Committee on Bible Translation and University Professor of New Testament, Bethel Seminary
“Annette Hubbell has made this powerful family life rhythm and tradition SO MUCH EASIER! Give your family the gift that will last for generations to come—‘A Spoonful of Grace!’” –-Pam Farrel, author of 45 books including best-selling “Men Are Like Waffles, Women Are Like Spaghetti,” “10 Best Decisions a Parent Can Make”, and “A Couple’s Journey with God.”
“Wonderfully composed and chock-full of wit and wisdom. I wish I’d had this book when my husband and I were raising our four children.” –Susan Meissner, Award-winning author of “Secrets of a Charmed Life”
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $15.98Was: $19.99
Hubbell lives in San Diego, California with her husband of 33 years, Monte. They have a daughter, Amy. She and her husband Scott live in Los Angeles, California. For more information, visit www.AnnetteHubbell.com or www.SpoonfulOfGrace.com.
Follow My Life. One Story at a Time. for future book reviews, promotions, and giveaways!
|Disclosure – Please be advised that some of the links provided are affiliate links and I do receive a small commission if you make a purchase using those links. This does not cost you any extra when you make a purchase, and I only recommend products I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I very much appreciate your support of this blog in doing so!|