Although there have been posts on my blog this past month, I have not been active – anywhere! Today marks the one month mark for me being under the weather. It began with a monster virus. That is the only thing I can think to call it. It just DID NOT fall into the category of just “virus”. That literally whipped my butt. That not only grabbed a hold of me but wouldn’t let go for about a week.
Then, because I did not take my sinus meds for two weeks (with the weather constantly changing between hot-cold-rainy-windy) that led to the current battle of a sinus infection. I literally spent two and a half weeks in my recliner in my pajamas. That has never happened to me before.
So! Now that I am feeling somewhat better (the worst is behind me, I hope) I decided to post something chocolate! I’m not quite up to eating chocolate again, but it doesn’t stop me from drooling over it!
As I was going through the backlog of emails – I didn’t check emails for three weeks either – I found an email from Hershey with a recipe for fudge brownies. I can picture somewhere in the near future (I hope) eating one of these brownies topped with Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream!
Without further adieu, here is the recipe. Oh! And did I mention how easy it is to make?
- 3/4 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine , melted and divided
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup HERSHEY’S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Stir together cocoa and baking soda in large bowl; stir in 1/3 cup butter. Add boiling water; stir until mixture thickens. Stir in sugar, eggs and remaining 1/3 cup butter; stir until smooth. Add flour, vanilla and salt; blend completely. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Cut into squares.
- Makes about 24 brownies.
I would add one more step! Place brownie in the bottom of a bowl and add a huge scoop of your favorite ice cream!