I may be learning a newer, healthier way of eating, but that doesn’t mean I won’t still be dreaming in chocolate! A girl’s gotta dream!
GOOEY OREO COOKIE BARS
yield: 16 BARS
- 1/3 cup Hershey’s Special Dark unsweetened cocoa powder (you can use regular unsweetened if needed)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 6 Oreo cookies, chopped
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×9” square pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, and flour. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and both sugars. Mix in egg and vanilla and mix until smooth. Add dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Press half the dough into the bottom of prepared pan. Sprinkle with white chocolate chips and chopped Oreos. Drizzle with sweetened condensed milk. Drop remaining dough by spoonfuls over the top and spread lightly with your fingers. Some of the filling will show through, try to seal the edges as much as possible.
- Bake for about 27-30 minutes util the top looses it’s glossy sheen and they look dry on top. The center may jiggle just a bit still. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Borrowed from – www.crazyforcrust.com/