Who doesn’t love oreos? I read somewhere recently that they actually are addicting. It must be true. You can’t eat just one! Sort of like Lays Potato Chips.
Hello everyone, I hope you are all well.
- 8 1/2 oz. (240 grams) dark chocolate (min. 70% cocoa)
- 1/2 cup (120 grams) butter
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup (350 grams) regular sugar
- 1/2 cup (60 grams) all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons (20 grams) pure unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 oz (100 grams) dark chocolate (min. 70% cocoa), optional
Oreo ice cream:
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 1/4 cups (500 ml) heavy whipping cream
- 1 packet Oreos, crushed or broken into pieces
Start by making the brownie base.
Bring out the eggs (which must be at room temperature) and a round baking pan, approx. 10-11 inches (26-28 cm).
Put the chocolate and butter into a bowl. Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water and stir regularly until the mixture is melted.
Put the eggs and sugar into a separate bowl and whisk lightly by hand.
I just love these bundt shaped measuring cups, you can get these here.
Pour the egg/sugar mixture into the melted chocolate mixture and stir until well blended.
Do not stir more than necessary.
Sift in the flour, cocoa powder and salt, then gently fold into the mixture.
Add the chopped chocolate, if using.
Pour the mixture into the pan and bake in a 347˚F (175˚C) oven for 30 minutes, no longer.
Leave to cool completely.
Make the ice cream while the brownie base cools.
Pour the sweetened condensed milk into a mixing bowl.
Add the cream.
Whisk until the mixture is nice and fluffy, about 4-5 minutes.
Tip in the crushed Oreos.
Stir until well blended.
Pour the ice cream mixture over the brownie base and place the pan in the freezer for at least 5 hours.
Borrowed from – http://en.passionforbaking.com/
Make a delicious caramel sauce to drizzle over the top just before serving.