From time to time, this blog, My Life. One Story at a Time. will host a giveaway. These giveaways are typically sponsored by the author or publisher. The general Terms & Conditions for such contest on my blog is below. If there is a specific stipulation you require in your giveaway, please note it in the email request.
- I am at least 18 years old or older.
- I understand my information will not be shared or sold to a third party and I will only be contacted if I am a winner.
- I understand my entry may be verified and if the entry cannot be verified it may be removed.
- Void where prohibited by law.
- Physical copies can only be shipped to US/Canada. eBooks and/or Gift Cards can be emailed internationally unless prohibited by that country or the publisher.
- No purchase is necessary to win.
- Odds of winning are based on the number of entries.
- Prize value:
- This giveaway is sponsored by the author. The author is responsible for the delivery of prizes.
Always – if you have a question, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Since this blog is owned and run by an American, I am subject to American laws. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) issued rules that went into effect on December 1, 2009. These rules state that product reviewed on blogs must include a disclosure as to whether they received the review products for free or received monetary payment.
Below is a list of the sources from which I receive books. Regardless of the source, all reviews are the honest opinion of the reviewer.
1) My Life. One Story at a Time. receives free digital galleys from the online galley service, NetGalley.
2) My Life. One Story at a Time. receives books from the author or publisher, either in print form or electronic form, for review.
3) The fine print: Any links to places to purchase books are provided as a convenience, and do not serve as an endorsement by this blog or by the vendors.
All reviews are the true and honest opinion of the individual reviewing the book.
4) Most importantly, the method of acquiring the book does not have a bearing on the content of the review.
“My Life. One Story at a Time. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.”
The opinions expressed on this blog are mine and mine alone, unless otherwise stated.
The content within this blog does not reflect the opinion of any organization I am affiliated with. I give my honest assessment of the books I review, doing my best to highlight the positive points, but I will not cheat the reader if I find the book to be less than adequate.
The majority of the books I review are received free from the author, publicity firm, or publisher. I also review books I purchase for myself. I do not receive any compensation for my reviews apart from the free review copy that I am provided.
The views, beliefs, and opinions expressed by guest post authors are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views, beliefs, or opinions of My Life. One Story at a Time.
Any and all information collected, such as your email address or mailing address,
will not be shared or distributed by My Life. One Story at a Time. I will not
contact you directly unless you sign up to receive my email or I email you to
inform you that won a giveaway or if there is a problem with a giveaway that
tracking device. If you choose to click on a link that takes you away from
My Life. One Story at a Time., you may possibly be tracked by cookies or other
devices on that site.
However, in some instances, such as giveaways, your mailing address and/or email address will be passed along to the publisher, author, or other prize sponsor, for the distribution of prizes. By providing your email address and/or your name and mailing address you are authorizing My Life. One Story at a Time. to pass your information along to the giveaway sponsor for prize distribution. If I request your name and mailing address and/or your email address as part of a giveaway, you can leave it in the post or use the contact form found on every page, so that your information is not out in public.
If you have a question concerning this policy, you can email me at email@example.com or use the form below.
If you have a suggestion for a giveaway, let me know and I will look into it.
- You must be 18 to enter. If I have reason to believe that you are under 18 and you enter anyway, you will be disqualified.
- If an author or publisher donates a book or prize, shipping will be contingent upon their requirements and/or limitations.They have the right to change their mind about awarding the prize. I am not responsible if the prize gets lost in the mail.
- If you don’t follow the directions for entering, you will be disqualified. You need to leave a way for me to contact you – email address, twitter name, etc. or your entry will be disqualified. If you prefer for that info to remain private, use the contact form to send me your info and be sure to reference the contest and your comment.
- The winner is responsible for any and all taxes, import fees, etc.
- I accept no responsibility for lost or damaged goods.
- The winning entry is selected via or Rafflecopter
- You have 36 hours to respond to my email/tweet or I will re-draw.
- Information that I collect from you or about you is not shared except as needed to send you your prize or verify your entry. Your information is not sold, ever. Any information provided as a result of following ie GFC info, subscribing via email, etc. is private and not shared without your permission.
Authors and publishers, if you are interested in coordinating a giveaway, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org